Monday 24 May 2021

Happy 80th Birthday Bob Dylan Part 2 (Covered)

Bob Dylan has been covered by so many artists down through the years. Chrissie Hynde has just released an album of Dylan covers called 'Standing In The Doorway'. When it comes to covering Dylan songs I actually think that some of them are better than the originals (yeah, I know, shoot me!) mainly because while Bob is a great songwriter he's not the best singer on the planet! So here's five of My Favourite Bob Dylan Covers (in no particular order of preference).
Chimes of Freedom - Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band
I Believe In You - Sinéad O'Connor
I Shall Be Released - The Heptones
It's All Over Baby Blue - Echo and The Bunnymen
My Back Pages - Ramones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rewind 1978: Give 'Em Enough Rope - The Clash Released

It's been awhile since I revisited the second album by The Clash , 'Give 'Em Enough Rope' , that was released on this ...